Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Setting up Delegate Access
Delegate access in Outlook 2016 should be done via this method:
- Click the File tab.
- Click Account Settings, and then click Delegate Access.
- Click Add.
- If Add doesn’t appear, an active connection might not exist between Outlook and Exchange. The Outlook status bar displays the connection status.
- Type the name of the person whom you want to designate as your delegate, or search for and then click the name in the search results list.
- Note: The delegate must be a person in your organization's Exchange Global Address List (GAL).
- Click Add, and then click OK.
- In the Delegate Permissions dialog box, accept the default permission settings or select custom access levels for Exchange folders.
Select Options as desired. Click OK.