Skip to Main Content
Making Sense of Statistics
- Different kinds of studies use different statistical methods.
- Even if you hate statistics with a passion, knowing the statistical tests associated witheach study type can help you do a quick evaluation.
- If a particular study uses an inappropriate statistical method, the results might not be valid.
- To read further might be a waste of time.
- Unfortunately there are many synonyms for the different types of studies.
- Itcan take a few minutes to find out the type of study ......
- Effect size (ES) is a name given to a family of indices that can measure the magnitude of a treatment effects and more
- The Incidence Ratio is one kind of effect size measure.
- There is more than one formula in use.
- This site explains several.
- The explanations imply a knowledge of statistics.
- Webinars offered by NICHSR
- Content how to find the health datasets you need. .
- This is an extensive library of tools from MD Anderson Research Medical Library