What is my username?
Your Downstate email address is your username for most systems:
What is my short username?
A few systems, such as Banner, require a shorter username to login:
- Employees: use the first initial and the first seven letters of your surname, e.g., jsmith
- Students: use your student ID number, e.g., 202212345
How do I test my password?
- If you have been using login information saved in a web browser to autofill your logins, you may not actually remember your current NetID password.
- To verify your password, open a different web browser than the one you normally use and navigate to the system you wish to access.
- If the password box is filled in by the browser, delete it and manually enter your password.
How do I reset my password?
If you forgot your NetID password, here's how to reset it.
If you are an existing employee or student
- Go to the password reset self-service page OR
- Go to the email login page and click the Forgot your password? link.
- Fill in your username (your email address), complete the form and submit, then follow the steps on the next pages. Keep in mind that when you change your NetID password, you'll need to remember and use that new password for all of these logins.
If you are a new employee or student
- If you have not yet accessed your email account, send a password reset request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your full name, the system that you are trying to use, your phone number, your college and degree program and when you are matriculating (if applicable).